My daughter’s 10u team played on this field today and we had some trouble locating our field due so I thought to share some of my thoughts to help you:
Park Name: F Edward Biertuempful Memorial Park
Address: 1300 Winslow Ave, Union, NJ
Things to note:
- There is a large space between fields
- Parking lot B and fields #4-6 is separated by a long, contiguous chain link fence so if you are playing on field #5, the closet route is to walk towards #4
- Lot C actually belongs to Lincoln Tech School but available during the weekend; it also has a long contiguous chain link fence but there is a break in the fence by field #5 so you may consider parking there; the only draw back is that the parking pathway leading to Lot C is fairly narrow so when there are lots of game going on, that location became choke-point, resulting in a long line of cars
- Fields #2, #3 and #6 are surrounded by woods bring insect repellants
- There is a small building that houses 2 bathrooms (one for boys and one for girls) but it gets crowded quickly (especially for girl’s bathroom) so take care your business before heading to #4-6
- Fields #4 and #5 is wide open fields with no shades whatsoever; bring sun tan lotion
Overall, the park felt very clean and nice. For all you coaches, I would recommend a rolling equipment bag or a collapsible cart!
If you can think of anything else, please feel free to leave a comment below.